We looked at an cleared some of the gutters today, having noticed issues with them overflowing and leaking. Not the most pleasant of jobs, but satisfying to have resolved a number of issues. a couple of the highlights – a tennis ball was at the top of one of the downpipes within the guttering – whilst it looked like a perfect plug, we think it was floating up and letting water through. We removed it.
Slightly more challenging, we found a blocked gully – someone appears to have lifted the cover and poured some sort of building material into it – we think a VERY long time ago, blocking 90-95% of the flow…. the shape, consistency & tools available meant that in a first for us, the gully was un-blocked using a set of water-pump pliers (we all have a different name for these!